Prof. Benoît H. Lessard, P.Eng, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor - Tier 2 Canada Research Chair - Advanced Polymer Materials and Organic Electronics
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering , University of Ottawa
Education / Work Experience
- Assistant Professor / Tier 2 Canada Research Chair, uOttawa, 2015 to current
- NSERC Banting Post Doctoral Fellow. U. of Toronto, 2013-2015
- Ph.D. in Chem. Eng., McGill U., 2012
- M.Eng. in Chem. Eng. (Thesis), McGill U., 2008
- B.Eng. in Chem. Eng., McGill U., 2007
Select Awards / Fellowships
- Tier 2 Canada Research Chair, 2015-2020
- John Charles Polanyi Prize - Chemistry, 2015
- NSERC Banting Post Doctoral Fellowship, 2014-2015
- MSED/LANXESS Graduate Thesis Award, 2012
- NSERC CGS (Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship), 2009-2012
Prof. Benoît Lessard is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of Ottawa and the PI of the LessardResearchGroup. Since establishing his lab in may 2015 he has been awarded a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair and the 2015 Charles Polanyi Prize in Chemistry.
Prior to joining uOttawa, Prof. Lessard completed an NSERC Banting Fellowship (ranked 4th out of 16 given out annually in all of Science and Engineering across Canada and internationally) at the University of Toronto studying crystal engineering and OPV/OLED fabrication. Prior to that he completed his PhD in polymer chemistry and reaction engineering at McGill University, where he was awarded the NSERC Alexander gram bell CGS as well as the MSED-LANXESS PhD thesis award (Macromolecular Science and Engineering Division of the Chemical Institute of Canada in collaboration with LANXESS inc.) which is distributed annually throughout Canada for accomplishments in polymer science. To find out about Prof. Lessard's research and read his publication, follow the links.